1. I promise a friend that I’d snail mail some of my new stuff. While they live about 40 miles away, we’re on opposites ends of a very large city. I figure that the postal carrier will know how to get it there more quickly.
2. Of course, I have to wrap the hell out of it. I’d hate for the cd to get damaged.
3. Then I realize I forgot to include this tape!
4. So, that gets wrapped up
5. and affixed to the package containing the cd.
7. Well, almost.
8. Then there’s this nice brown paper…
9. gotta tape that up, too.
10. And it’d be really bad if I didn’t include another note
11. which at this point, seems to have an un-apologetic vibe.
12. And then I remember this OTHER tape… can’t let that one slide by.
13. Add it to the pile, secure it with cardboard
14. and more packing tape, but this time with the sticky side out
15. so that I can drape it in some nice, plush toilet paper
16. and swaddle it
17. with even more reading material, pages from Vanity Fair, I think (?)
18. and a red balloon …
19. an old block print,
20. this festive woodcut of a cabin,
21. and a xerox originally intended for a tape release from some years ago.
22. Next, wind it up with some freshy, minty dental floss
23. and don’t forget the note… jeez.
24. I have to wrap the crap out of that, too — hate for the note to get lost.
25. But will it fit into a standard 8.5 by 11 envelope?
26. Oh, you bet!
stir an urge w/ eons