Apartment Music 33 was an especially enriching afternoon. This installment brought us performances and viewing of some of the film work by Leslie Singer of Girls On Fire.
In addition to all of the great performances, we did not leave empty-handed. Here is my rundown of all the Audio/Visual Art & Literature obtained, modeled and displayed by my adorkable husband and Tomokie's Cup bandmate.
1. Total Trash #6 "True Tales from the Cat Club" Part Two: This is a really awesomely drawn and written reflection on Jen Sandwich's childhood memories and adventures/misadventures with her friends from that time. Reading this brought back some rare fun memories from my school days as well.
2. WATERDIGGER - Welcome to Seminole Heights: Released in a Digipak 2008 on Bleak & Black Records with 11 Songs Featuring Danny McGuire
3. MARI LWYD PWNCO: A beautiful piece of Artwork by Penny Grune-Fae. Pretty sure she made this for Adam and I because we expressed how much we love this Welsh tradition as much as she does. Sidenote: I am part Welsh.
4. Extra copies of the Electronic Cottage Compilation - Thanks, Hal!
5. Two Polaroids & Two found art pieces from Leslie Singer. Eerie and silly at once, just like Girls On Fire should be!
6. Audio Folk Art Dictaphone Assemblage - Home for the Hellidays: An interesting collection of sounds from Hal McGee. Featuring Lumen K and Stanley. I enjoyed listening to this in the car I also like the picture collages included.
7. Wild & Firey pen on college ruled paper art by Joe Billingsley. Excellent Asemic artwork!
8. HELL GARBAGE on Microcassette: Gotta love the bunny slipper art! One day we'll be able to hear it XD
9. Bonk Magazine #2 - The Shit Issue 1: The cover describes why 2018 was a shitty year for humanity. This is a particularly humorous issue since it has everything from poetry, pictures of fabric samples (which reminds me of something from my fashion school days), collages, survival tips, short stories, and art prints. This zine looks like it would be fun to contribute to.
Aimee Grace Naworal
Artist, musician, improviser, wife, catmom, writer, foodie, nature-lover.